Thursday, January 24, 2019

Life's Little Lesson


This was a nice summer morning. Sapna woke up early today. She had her global leader visiting from Germany. This was a momentous day for her. Her manager Emilia was travelling all the way from Germany to have key meetings with Sapna and Sapna’s team.


As soon as Sapna walked out of the bathroom, her phone rang. Her maid was on the other side informing her that she would be unable to come to work today. She gave a reason that her sister is not keeping well, and she needed to go outstation to see her. Sapna gets frustrated by the anxious thought that her maid is not coming on this important day when she desperately needed to leave early for the office, Sapna shouted “You always do this Rani, I am fed up with your sudden leaves” and hung up the phone.


After few odd minutes her maid called again and informed that she has lost her ailing sister. Sapna was shocked to hear that. Sapna’s husband watching all these said to her “you should not have reacted the way you did. She had a genuine problem.” Sapna although feeling indeed guilty and ashamed did not want to accept the same to her husband and mumbled "Her sister did not die because of my reaction"


Sapna was in the office; she was delighted to see everything was in place for Emilia’s visit. She gratefully thanked her efficient team. Emilia reached in the office at afternoon. 1 PM she was with her in a conference room to discuss business area performance and key priorities for the next half of the year. While they had barely initiated the discussion, Sapna received a call, it was her son’s school. She intentionally ignored. They called again. Sensing something important, she excused herself out of conference room to take the call. Other side was the school’s principal informing that her son suffered an unfortunate accident during the sport and needed to rush to the hospital. Sapna entered the conference room terrified with the news still trying to determine what she should do; her husband went out of station today for a business trip. Emilia asked if everything was ok. She narrated what happened to her son. Emilia urged her to attend the hospital immediately and not think about her visit and things needed to be done at the office as this can planned to be done over a phone calls as well later.



Three of Sapna’s colleagues accompanied her to the hospital and left only after her son was stable.


In the night, she got text from Emilia inquiring about her son’s health. Emilia was at the airport to catch her flight back to Germany. She got calls and messages from several of her team members wishing well for her son.


She thought about her organization and felt grateful to work in such a caring, employee friendly environment. She thought about her team members and how they willingly helped her today. She thought about Emilia and felt fortunate that she was her boss, so very much understanding and flexible. Subsequently, she thought about what happened to her maid Rani in the morning. Uncontrollable tears rolled down her cheeks. She has undoubtedly learnt a Life’s Little Lesson today.

31 comments:

  1. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this
    write-up and also the rest of the site is extremely good.
    It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.

    I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting
    things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this
    article. I wish to read even more things about it!

    Hey there! I’ve been following your website for a long time now
    and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx!
    Just wanted to tell you keep up the excellent job!
    http://foxnews.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ԍood post. I learn sometһing new and challenging οn sites I
    stuhmbleupon every day. Ιt will always be excitting to rеad
    articles from ߋther authors аnd use sometһing frߋm theіr sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article
    like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me.
    Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will
    be a lot more useful than ever before. It is the best time to
    make some plans for the long run and it is time to
    be happy. I have read this submit and if I may just I want to
    counsel you some attention-grabbing issues or advice. Perhaps you can write
    subsequent articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things
    about it! I visited many web sites however the audio quality for audio songs existing at this site is really fabulous.

    http://foxnews.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet
    visitors, its really really good piece of writing on building up new web site.
    I will right away seize your rss feed as I can not
    find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
    Do you've any? Kindly permit me realize so that I may just subscribe.
    Thanks. It is the best time to make some plans for the longer term and it
    is time to be happy. I have learn this put up and if I
    could I wish to recommend you some fascinating issues or advice.
    Perhaps you could write next articles relating to this article.

    I desire to learn even more issues approximately it! http://www.cspan.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're actually a just right webmaster. The web site loading pace is incredible.
    It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick.
    Furthermore, The contents are masterwork. you've performed a great process in this
    topic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I?m amazed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that?s both equally educative and entertaining, and without a doubt, you've hit the nail on the head.
    The issue is an issue that too few people are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i'm very happy that I came across this in my search for something
    concerning this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post's to be just what I'm
    looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content for yourself?

    I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write
    related to here. Again, awesome weblog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement?
    My blog has a lot of exclusive content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it
    is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement.
    Do you know any solutions to help reduce content
    from being ripped off? I'd certainly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there to all, the contents existing at this web site are
    truly remarkable for people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you happen to be is actually a outstanding website owner.
    The positioning internet rate is undoubtedly amazing.
    It seems that you’re performing virtually any distinct cheat.
    Likewise, Typically the subject matter happen to be masterwork.
    you possess practiced an incredible employment through this mean much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
    I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come
    back later. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This paragraph posted at
    this web page is actually fastidious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've learn several just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting.
    I surprise how much attempt you place to make any such
    great informative website.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi every one, here every one is sharing these knowledge, thereforee it's nice to read
    this website, and I used tto pay a visit this blog every day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks very interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My partner and I stumbled over here from a different website and thought I might
    check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.

    Look forward to going over your web page again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is definately a lot to learn about this subject.
    I love all the points you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely imagine that which you stated. Your favourite reason appeared
    to be on the web the simplest thing to take into accout of.
    I say to you, I certainly get annoyed whilst other people
    think about worries that they just do not realize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top as smartly as outlined out the entire thing without having side effect , people could take a
    signal. Will likely be again to get more.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand.

    It seems too complex and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get
    the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post.
    Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who was conducting a little homework on this.
    And he actually bought me breakfast because I discovered it for him...
    lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending the time to talk about this matter here on your website.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, I do believe this is an excellent web site. I stumbledupon it ;) I am going to come back yet again since I book-marked it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue
    to guide others.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very good write-up. I absolutely love this site. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My family always say that I am killing my time here at net,
    except I know I am getting experience every day by reading thes
    pleasant content.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, after reading this amazing article i am too delighted to share my familiarity here with colleagues.

    ReplyDelete